Friday, June 26, 2009

The king of Pop whether you loved him or not hechanged the world and made us think.....

but I wonder just how much in the grand scheme of things and whether it is totally deserved.

I seriously wonder what the world's reaction would be and how different things would be if it wasn't for some of things that Michael was accused of during his life. I know that some people are going to hate me for this and maybe no one really cares to hear it from me but maybe the things that he was accused of doing during his life were a good thing.

Micheal's music and charisma changed the world for the better and no one can dispute that. The man was a Thriller no doubt and at one time was rivaling the sun in terms of global attention.

Had he not been accused of some of those things then everyone in the whole world would be having a TOTALLY different reaction right now.....I could be wrong but no one got killed because the King of POP music died yesterday and many people were even joking about it within minutes of the news.

If it weren't for those "things" then there would have been fires and violence yesterday and people would have died the first time anyone made any attempt at humor.

I don't know if he was guilty and I am not the type to follow public opinion. The legal issues have long been resolved and if the government let him go and the families aren't still screaming for justice: those facts make me believe that it likely ALL had a little to do with the money and the power to be taken from the man.

The man in my opinion was always an easy target and made himself out to be that way by design or fault. No one likes what he was accused of nor people that have done it. However, this man has actual loved ones.....millions of them.

I hate to generalize anyone but I am not a fan of the entertainment industry's (not all of it) habit of using their sway over public opinion to manipulate certain issues. However, I do not think that people in the industry would be trying to sway our opinion on Michael for any gain or because of his music alone. These people know him PERSONALLY more than we ever will by listening to his music and they almost as a whole stand behind him. I don't think that affects my opinion much when I am voting for president but it has to say something

No comments:

Post a Comment